For those wanting an superior level of medical grade protection for the wearer, consider adding one or seven (for rotation) Filti Shells for your singers mask.
We’ve chosen Filti polypropylene fabric to create our custom filter inserts and shells, sewn to fit snug in the singers mask and fully line your mask. This is not a PM2.5 particle filter like most available commercially, but rather is a 3 bonded layer fabric designed for and tested to filter for bacterial and viral particles. When purchased in 4″ x 6″ packs of 20 from the manufacturer, Filti inserts sells the rectangular inserts for $1 USD each. We are offering handmade Filti shells for our singers masks at $3.50 each or $21 for a pack of 7 ($3 each).
These inserts can be decontaminated for reuse without losing their filtration efficacy. See this link for information and a demo video: https://www.dhs.gov/publication/st-multicooker-decontamination-n95-respirators
Images below show test results and fabric specifications from the manufacturer are available at this link.
Pre-cut Original Filti NanoFiber Technology Mask Media. This product is strictly the mask inserts, masks available separately.
- Dimensions per individual insert : varies for size of singers masks, covers all interior surface for a snug fit (approximately 42 square inches of material)
- Color: White
- Spunbond : (Polypropylene ) (face inward)
- Network of FDA Certified NanoFiber Technology (Polyurethane Polymer)
- Spunlace : Polyester (Face outwards)
Total Thickness: 1 mm, 80gsm weight
- Manufactured in the USA
- Material is not electrostatically charged, it is mechanically efficient
- Material does not contain: fiberglass or other harmful material to inhale
- Air Flow: 60 pascals DP at 5.33 cm/sec face velocity @ 32 liters per minute
- Efficiency: 95% efficient at 0.3 microns
- Nanofiber network layer is hardly visible to naked eye